Oct 28, 2021
(Please see the Undergraduate Program Offerings by Campus chart in the catalog or on the Herzing Website at www.herzing.edu/career-programs/downloads for a list of Herzing campuses offering this program.)
This program focuses on introductory business principles by providing the competencies for entry-level general management training positions. These career opportunities may be in areas such as accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, business administration, human resources, and hospitality.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Define operational, ethical, legal, and human resource issues associated with business management
- Analyze financial information using standard tools to support and evaluate managerial decision-making.
- Develop a marketing plan
- Formulate strategic business solutions
Potential Occupational Titles
Potential occupational titles for this program include, but are not limited to, general and operations manager, sales manager, and administrative services manager.
A minimum of 123.00 semester credit hours is required for graduation.
Required Management Core Courses
All courses, 36.00 semester credit hours, are required.
Business Elective Courses *
A minimum of 9.00 semester credit hours is required. Students may take any business, accounting, human resources, or economics course.
Open Elective Courses *
A minimum of 36.00 semester credit hours of open electives is required.
* A minimum of 12.00 semester credit hours between these two open elective categories must be at the 300- to 400-level.
Required Capstone or Internship
3.00 semester credit hours are required.
* Online students in some states may not be allowed to take this internship due to state restrictions.
Required Courses in General Education
Students enrolled in this bachelor’s degree must complete a minimum of 37.00 semester credit hours in general education distributed among the following disciplines. A minimum of 9.00 semester credit hours must be upper level (300-to 400-level courses). Refer to the General Education section of the catalog for Herzing University courses that would satisfy these requirements. *
4.00 Semester Credit Hours in Computer Applications ♦
3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Cultural Diversity
6.00 Semester Credit Hours in English Composition or Literature
3.00 Semester Credit Hours in General Education Electives ♦
3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Humanities With a Critical Thinking Focus ** ♦
1.00 Semester Credit Hour in Information Literacy
7.00 Semester Credit Hours in Mathematics (College Algebra or Above)
4.00 Semester Credit Hours of Natural Science With a Lab Component
3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Social or Behavioral Science
3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Speech
* Transfer students may transfer courses that are within 1.00 semester credit hour of the courses listed above to meet these discipline requirements. Any resulting deficiency in the total of 37.00 semester credit hours required in general education may be made up with general education electives from any of the listed disciplines.
** A course with a critical thinking focus would be a course that addresses the theories and application of critical analysis with an emphasis on developing sequential reasoning skills. Examples may be courses in critical thinking, philosophy, logic, or science.
♦ The state of Minnesota requires a minimum of 30.00 semester credit hours of general education for bachelor’s degrees, not counting computer applications. However, all Herzing University students in the BSBMNC program must complete a minimum of 37.00 semester credit hours in general education, including computer applications, to complete the requirement for graduation from this bachelor’s degree program. Minnesota students must complete at least 4.00 semester credit hours of general education in the humanities.
Personal and Professional Development Courses
2.00 semester credit hours are required.