May 2019 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity (BSC)
(Please see the Herzing University Undergraduate Program Offerings by Campus chart in the catalog or on the Herzing Website at www.herzing.edu/career-programs/downloads for a list of Herzing campuses offering this program.)
This program prepares students for a broad range of positions in the field of cybersecurtiy. Foundational skills taught include end-user support, client/server operating systems, network infrastructure administration, security, scripting, database fundamentals, , virtualization, and technical communication. Advanced skills include database design, project management, information technology management and business systems analysis. Coursework in this program is designed to provide a foundation for select industry certifications.
Additional topics in cybersecurity include cybersecurity concepts, cryptography, cyber law and ethics, information assurance, ethical hacking, designing network security, computer forensics and network defense.
Upon completion of their program, the student should be able to:
- Apply industry standards to the implementation and support of network systems and computer devices.
- Demonstrate the principles of information technology security.
- Use information systems for the collection, organization, and delivery of data.
- Express relevant information to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Design secure network infrastructures for physical and virtual environments.
- Create information technology solutions based on business needs or requirements.
Potential Occupational Titles
Potential occupational titles for this program include, but are not limited to, computer and information systems managers and computer network architects.
A minimum of 120.00 semester credit hours is required for graduation.