(Please see the Herzing University Graduate Program Offerings by Campus chart in the catalog for a list of Herzing campuses offering this program.)
Herzing University is approved to offer programs in an online learning modality through association with the main campus in Madison, Wisconsin.
This online Post Master’s Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner will provide students with the academic knowledge, skills, and expertise to apply for certification as a family nurse practitioner. Graduates will be prepared to have integrated praxis philosophy throughout multiple courses. Courses consist of specialty concentration courses, and clinical courses. This program is for licensed registered nurses (current, unrestricted license) who have a Master of Science in Nursing degree and are interested in advancing their careers to become board-certified family nurse practitioners.
Individuals considering the Post Master’s Certificate—particularly the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) concentration—should be aware of state requirements for required clinical courses and eligibility to apply for licensure as a family nurse practitioner vary from state to state. Applicants should check with their applicable state board of nursing before enrolling in any graduate nursing program.
Post Masters Certificate Family Nurse Practitioner Program Outcomes
Upon completion of their program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and holistic caring as an advanced practice nurse.
- Analyze scientific literature for application to selected diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Synthesize ethical principles into the management and evaluation of healthcare delivery concerns in culturally diverse care settings.
- Articulate a personal philosophy and framework acknowledging professional and accrediting agency competencies relating to the role and scope of practice of the family nurse practitioner.
- Implement the role of the family nurse practitioner in selected clinical settings.
Potential Occupational Outcomes
Potential occupational titles for this program include, but are not limited to nurse practitioner, advanced practice nurse and family nurse practitioner.
A minimum of 33.00 semester credit hours is required for graduation.