(Please see the Herzing University Undergraduate Program Offerings by Location chart in the catalog for a list of Herzing locations offering this program.)
This program prepares students for a broad range of positions in the computing field, with particular emphases placed on software development. Foundational skills taught include programming logic, object-oriented programming, applications development, including web and mobile application fundamentals, database applications, security concepts, and network and computer architecture fundamentals. Advanced skills include software application design, systems analysis and design, software testing, and business analysis.
Coursework within the concentration area will provide students with the opportunity to deepen their application development skills in the areas of software engineering, mobile applications, web-based applications, data warehousing and systems administration scripting.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Apply industry standards to software applications across a variety of platforms;
- Assess security needs and solutions as they apply to software development;
- Implement information system solutions to meet organizational needs;
- Express relevant information to technical and nontechnical audiences;
- Design software testing and quality assurance strategies;
- Create information technology solutions based on business needs or requirements.
Potential Occupational Titles
Potential occupational titles for this program include, but are not limited to, applications software developer, systems software developer, and software quality assurance engineer and tester.
A minimum of 120.00 semester credit hours is required for graduation.