May 2020 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a Concentration in Data Analytics
(Please see the Herzing University Undergraduate Program Offerings by Location chart in the catalog for a list of Herzing locations offering this program.)
This program prepares students for a broad range of positions in the field of information technology. Foundational skills taught include end-user support, client/server operating systems, network infrastructure administration, security, scripting, database fundamentals, cloud computing, virtualization, data storage and technical communication. Advanced skills include database design, project management, information technology management and business systems analysis. Coursework in this program is designed to provide a foundation for select industry certifications.
Additional skills in data analytics technology include big data foundations, data analytics technologies, statistics for data analytics, data mining and analysis, data management and data presentation and visualization.
Upon completion of their program, the student should be able to:
- Apply industry standards to the implementation and support of network systems and computer devices.
- Demonstrate the principles of information technology security.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of data analytics technology.
- Express relevant information to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Design secure network infrastructures for physical and virtual environments.
- Create information technology solutions based on business needs or requirements.
Potential Occupational Titles
Potential occupational titles for this program include, but are not limited to, computer and information systems managers and computer network architects, database administrators, data managers and data engineers.
A minimum of 120.00 semester credit hours is required for graduation.