(Please see the Herzing University Undergraduate Program Offerings by Location chart in the catalog for a list of Herzing locations offering this program.)
The BSN program prepares the graduate to practice as a nurse generalist as a member of the healthcare team in a variety of settings. The program focuses on patient-centered care, teamwork, and collaboration, evidence based practice, safety, quality improvement, and informatics. The program emphasizes the use of innovative technologies and preparation for assuming leadership roles.
Upon completion of their program, the student should be able to:
- Prioritize patient-centered care using clinical judgment and the nursing process.
- Collaborate with patients, families and team members to provide safe and culturally competent care.
- Integrate evidence-based practice within diverse clinical settings to deliver optimal care.
- Minimize risk of harm to patients and providers through both systems effectiveness and individual performance.
- Use informational technology to communicate, mitigate error, support decision making, and manage patient care.
- Evaluate quality improvement processes to enhance patient outcomes.
- Integrate professionalism and advanced leadership skills within the interdisciplinary healthcare environment.
- Analyze national and global policies, legislative concepts, and economics to address population outcomes.
Potential Occupational Titles
Potential occupational titles for this program include, but are not limited to, registered nurse.
A minimum of 120.00 semester credit hours is required for graduation.
Third Party Testing
Assessment and remediation are critical components of nursing education. Students in the nursing program may be required to take third-party, standardized exams in an electronic format throughout the curriculum. These standardized tests are valid and reliable predictors of success on the NCLEX examination and provide valuable feedback concerning student strengths and weaknesses. Student learning outcome data identifies content areas that require remediation, allowing faculty to personalize student support and intervention. Courses that utilize third-party exams will incorporate the points earned on the test as a percentage of the final grade earned for the course as specified in the course syllabus.
Note: This BSN program is only available at the New Orleans location.