* This program is no longer actively enrolling new students.
The introduction of students to the overall operation of the physician’s office is the basic objective of this program. Students are trained to assist the physician in the examination room, to perform routine laboratory procedures, and to handle financial records, correspondence, insurance forms, and other administrative functions. Our ultimate goal is to prepare students to successfully gain entry-level employment as a medical assistant.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Perform clinical assisting and laboratory procedures.
- Create and enter data into different healthcare documents.
- Apply legal concepts to the medical practice.
- Communicate professionally with patients, coworkers, and providers.
Potential Occupational Titles
Potential occupational titles for this program include, but are not limited to, medical assistant.
Students must meet the minimally required score on the entrance assessments to be eligible to enroll in the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Medical Assisting Services.
Program Delivery – Akron location only
The Medical Assisting Services program is delivered on-ground. Several courses, however, including all general education courses are available online. The courses marked with a hashtag (#) may be taken in an online format.
A minimum of 60.00 semester credit hours is required for graduation.