(Please see the Undergraduate Program Offerings by Campus chart in the catalog or on the Herzing Website at www.herzing.edu/career-programs/downloads for a list of Herzing campuses offering this program.)
This bachelor’s program is designed to provide an understanding of businesses in a global environment. Students will be equipped with the necessary skills and academic knowledge for entry-level positions in international companies. Areas of focus in international business include marketing, banking, finance, economics, exporting, importing, cultural protocol, and foreign language. Students will learn the social, cultural, legal, political, and technological barriers to international business and understand international trade and investment opportunities while demonstrating how to manage international business affairs.
Business Management Core Program Outcomes
Upon completion of their program, the student should be able to:
- Define operational, ethical, legal, and human resource issues associated with business management
- Analyze financial information using standard tools to support and evaluate managerial decision-making.
- Develop a marketing plan
- Formulate strategic business solutions
International Business Concentration Program Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to manage international business affairs and implement effective business decisions in a global environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of research methods for examining cultural, geographical, technological, legal, political, and socioeconomic obstacles to international business.
- Demonstrate knowledge of marketing decisions and management processes required in export operations development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the international banking practices and the impact of international financial markets complexities on competitive international markets.
Potential Occupational Titles
Potential occupational titles for this program include, but are not limited to, general and operations manager, sales manager, and administrative services manager.
A minimum of 123.00 semester credit hours is required for graduation.
Required Management Core Courses
All courses, 36.00 semester credit hours, are required.
Required Courses in International Business
All courses, 33.00 semester credit hours, are required.
Open Elective Courses
A minimum of 12.00 semester credit hours is required.
Required Capstone or Internship
3.00 semester credit hours are required.
* Online students in some states may not be allowed to take this internship due to state restrictions.
Required Courses in General Education
Students enrolled in this bachelor’s degree must complete a minimum of 37.00 semester credit hours in general education distributed among the following disciplines. A minimum of 9.00 semester credit hours must be upper level (300- to 400-level courses). Refer to the General Education section of the catalog for Herzing University courses that would satisfy these requirements. *
4.00 Semester Credit Hours in Computer Applications ♦
3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Cultural Diversity
6.00 Semester Credit Hours in English Composition or Literature
3.00 Semester Credit Hours of General Education Electives ♦
3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Humanities With a Critical Thinking Focus ** ♦
1.00 Semester Credit Hour in Information Literacy
7.00 Semester Credit Hours in Mathematics (College Algebra or Above)
4.00 Semester Credit Hours of Natural Science With a Lab Component
3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Social or Behavioral Science
3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Speech
* Transfer students may transfer courses that are within 1.00 semester credit hour of the courses listed above to meet these discipline requirements. Any resulting deficiency in the total of 37.00 semester credit hours required in general education may be made up with general education electives from any of the listed disciplines.
** A course with a critical thinking focus would be a course that addresses the theories and application of critical analysis with an emphasis on developing sequential reasoning skills. Examples may be courses in critical thinking, philosophy, logic, or science.
♦ The state of Minnesota requires a minimum of 30.00 semester credit hours of general education for bachelor’s degrees, not counting computer applications. However, all Herzing University students in the BSBMIB program must complete a minimum of 37.00 semester credit hours in general education, including computer applications, to complete the requirement for graduation from this bachelor’s degree program. Minnesota students must complete at least 4.00 semester credit hours of general education in the humanities.
Personal and Professional Development Courses
2.00 semester credit hours are required.