This program is only available to students participating in the Marquette Horizons @ Herzing program.
Marquette University and Herzing University are proud to partner together to offer students a unique opportunity to earn a Diploma in General Studies through Marquette Horizons @ Herzing. This program is available to Marquette University students with intended majors in the Klingler College of Arts & Sciences, College of Business Administration, Diederich College of Communication, and College of Health Sciences (Biomedical Sciences and Clinical Laboratory Science majors).
To be admitted to the Marquette Horizons @ Herzing program, a prospective student must meet with the Herzing University Director of Admissions to discuss the program.
The following general factors are considered prior to acceptance:
- Confirmation of previous acceptance at Marquette OR an applicant must demonstrate the capacity to succeed in college-level courses. This must be evidenced by submission of an ACT score of 24 or better OR high school GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Prior Education Requirement: An applicant must have a U.S. high school diploma or the equivalent. (Please see section on Proof of HS Graduation in the Herzing University Undergraduate Catalog)
The Diploma in General Studies is a broad-based program that offers students a well-rounded educational foundation. Interaction in courses within the general studies program, provides an introductory understanding of critical thinking, communication, intellectual integrity, and ethics through multifaceted course offerings.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Integrate principles of critical thinking through knowledge application.
- Demonstrate communication skills in a variety of formats.
- Apply intellectual integrity and ethics through the application of learning and knowledge.
HU 110, HU 130, and SS 122 are only available to students participating in the Marquette Horizons at Herzing program.
A minimum of 24.00 semester credit hours is required for graduation.
Potential Occupational Titles
Should students decide not to transfer to Marquette University or further their education at Herzing University after completing the Diploma in General Studies, potential occupational titles for this program include, but are not limited to, Account Representative, Call Center Representative, Client Services Representative, Customer Care Representative, Customer Service Agent, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service Specialist, Member Services Representative, and Sales Facilitators