Herzing University is approved to offer programs in an online learning modality through association with the main campus in Madison, Wisconsin.
This online Post Master’s Certificate in Nursing will provide students with the academic knowledge, skills, and expertise to become nurse educators in diverse healthcare and academic environments. Graduates will be prepared to apply for the certified nurse educator examination. Courses consist of specialty concentration courses, and clinical courses. This program is for licensed registered nurses (active, unrestricted license) who have a Master of Science in Nursing degree and are interested in advancing their careers to become nurse educators.
Nursing Education Program Outcomes
Upon completion of their program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and decision making when planning, implementing, and evaluating strategies to guide an educational system toward successful outcomes.
- Analyze the impact of ethical and legal principles on the planning and delivery of educational programs in carried populations.
- Critique educational delivery and evaluation strategies for application across culturally and age-diverse populations in selected educational settings.
- Articulate a personal philosophy and framework acknowledging professional and accrediting agency competencies relating to the role and scope of practice of the nurse educator.
- Implement the role of the nurse educator in a selected educational setting.
Potential occupational titles for this program include, but are not limited to professor of nursing, nursing instructor, staff development nurse, Director of Nursing Education.
Special Admissions Requirements
Please refer to the “Special Nursing Program Requirements for Admission ” policy in the Admissions Information section of this catalog for nursing program admission requirements. Students enrolling in the PMCNE program must complete NU 510, NU 621, and NU 636 prior to acceptance. In most instances, these courses would be included in a Master of Science in Nursing program.
A minimum of 16.00 semester credit hours is required for completion of the certificate.